Senior Project Manager Job Description
Location: Remote, US or UK
KnowledgeWorks Global Ltd. (KGL) is the industry leader in transformative publishing solutions. KGL provides specialized content services and innovative technology solutions that drive revenue growth, streamline operations, and ensure editorial excellence. Largely based in the Boston area, the KGL PubFactory team comprises the best and brightest from the leading tech innovation hub outside of Silicon Valley. We develop powerful, growth-enabling online hosting platforms for scholarly publishers.
KGL PubFactory is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to work with our prestigious publishing clients and industry-leading developers and consultants to develop, enhance and maintain the world’s best online publishing websites. The incumbent will manage these projects to agreed budgets and timelines, and deliver the highest quality results for clients and their customers. This is a work-from-home position associated with KGL’s Richmond, VA headquarters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other purposes.
- Act as project manager for our largest accounts, developing strong, consultative, and productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Review, edit, and contribute to product and enhancement specifications
- Prepare, maintain and communicate project schedules, documentation, and project status to internal stakeholders and external clients
- Identify opportunities to improve and refine the PubFactory team’s processes, and implement those improvements
- Manage regular platform upgrade deployments
- Delegate project tasks to Project Managers where possible, and oversee their work
- Manage development of product build and enhancement projects from inception to completion
- Motivate and manage teams consisting of on site, remote, and contractor software engineers, as well as client team members
- Perform and/or coordinate QA testing
- Accurately forecast and manage to approved budget all project finances, including client billing, revenue recognition, and contractor payments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in account management and developing supplier/client relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of software or web development project management experience
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques, including budget, schedule preparation, and reporting
- Ability to manage deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with digital management of books, journals, or training materials publishing
- Experience in Scholarly Publishing operations
- Experience preparing technical specifications and documentation
- Experience of delegating and overseeing project management tasks
- Bachelor’s degree
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to do the following:
- Use a computer, telephone, and video conferencing equipment
- Provision will be made for candidates who require specially-adapted equipment
- KGL offers a remarkable package of benefits and fully remote work culture
- Occasional travel for client site visits
- This employee will report to the Platform Operations Manager
- This employee’s peer(s) will be Senior Developers and Platform Account Managers
KGL offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, remote work, and a friendly work culture. Interested candidates should submit a confidential cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KGL is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.